Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  
Discus * Nightmare of the month * A good start to Easter! < Previous Next >

Vernon
Username: Vern

Post Number: 28

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 3:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tuesday 6.30pm thought I would get the bike ready for easter break (check tire pressures oil,petrol etc.) as me and the girlie was going to do some touring. Two minutes from my house I find myself flat on my back in the road with a small crowd around me.
Although I haven't been riding bikes all that long I do consider myself a careful rider and always aware whats going on around me. Or so I thought.
As I was travelling down a main road approx 20mph I noticed a White Transit type van parked up on the left hand side,behind that is a junction hidden from my view but I know it is there but was watching cars coming out from a taxi rank a little further down. Next thing a car pulls out from the junction luckily for me I had time to slam the breaks on so when I collided with the car there was less of a impact. Glad I had my decent bike gear on as I would have come off a lot worse. I am back at home Injured hand leg and my head is not quite right the hospital told Zoe to watch out for odd behaviour but I've always suffered from odd behaviour so she can't tell!! lol
Anyway I won't be playing out for a while but you guys and girls be very very careful out there I am amazed all this talk about fellow biker's being k^*b H***$ so don't just be aware of cars its bikes too!!

Vern.
Thomas Greenwood
Silver Sponsor
Username: Thomas_bass_man

Post Number: 155

Posted on Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 6:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, sorry to hear about that, Vernon. Hope you're back on the road soon.
........ Let The Good Times Roll!!!!
Paul Gibson
Chief Moderator
Username: Webmaster

Post Number: 9877

Posted on Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 10:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good to see you weren't hurt any more than you were Vernon, but believe me, you'll be aching much more tomorrow. Hopefully your bike isn't too damaged. Get well soon.
Feel free to help with the Website running costs by Sponsoring

mike
Silver Sponsor
Username: Laffo

Post Number: 1731

Posted on Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 11:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mend fast Vernon, hope it dont hurt too much.

Mike

Its nice to be important but its more important to be nice.
Del Breingan
Username: Del

Post Number: 2244

Posted on Friday, April 06, 2007 - 12:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Vernon...Sorry you are hurt...Hope you mend soon and that the bike isn`t too bad.
Not sure what " am amazed all this talk about fellow biker's being k^*b H***$ so don't just be aware of cars its bikes too!!" means....Did you hit a bike as well?

Anyway...I went and got mine mot`d and taxed yesterday...In the course of doing that several car drivers...one on a mobile phone, decided to try and ruin my plans for the day by trying to kill me!....As you can see...None succeeded but by God they tried!

Summer`s on its way!
Vernon
Username: Vern

Post Number: 29

Posted on Monday, April 09, 2007 - 2:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Paul you was right the pain did get worse over the weekend but managed to suppress it with tablets and whisky! Find out Tues what damage was done to the bike it lost all its oil so I presume the engine is cracked? I,m going for check up too luckily nothing broken.
Del, it was just a car that was involved. I have been reading recently about some idiots on bikes causing other bikers' & car drivers problems.
It must have been on my mind!!

Thanks to you all for your kind comments see youz soon
Paul Gibson
Chief Moderator
Username: Webmaster

Post Number: 9896

Posted on Monday, April 09, 2007 - 3:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Vernon - hopefully just a holed crackcase cover.
Feel free to help with the Website running costs by Sponsoring

Dave Westby
Gold Sponsor
Username: Wes

Post Number: 903

Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 9:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bad luck mate... Hope you mend as quick as I did.
Same thing happened to me but he was coming out of his drive.....

I am back riding and rock climbing again now I am happy to say... Still not 100% though.
Improve your skill with www.slambikers.co.uk Fylde Coast
Martin Hinton
Ride-out Leader / Moderator
Username: Banditman

Post Number: 950

Posted on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 12:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Get well soon Vernon....going to be a good summer I can feel it in my (aching!) bones !!
ian ingram
Silver Sponsor
Username: Ingey

Post Number: 63

Posted on Friday, April 13, 2007 - 5:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hope u get well soon, probably something I said about cars bikes etc, I live between 2 bends at the end of a short dual carriage way in a 40 limit at cockerham on the way to knot end.
have recently had a few narrow misses (along with several other locals) on sundays and wed nights with speeding bikes and cars. cant see to pull out, in the car or on the bike. have to wind window down in car and listen! (louder the pipe the better)! more difficult on bike helmet muffles sound. if people in cars or bikes were doing 40 would have time to see them before they were inches away from me.
safety - better Late than the Late!
Ray Rowland
Username: Hellwire

Post Number: 3

Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 1:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

According to one of my mates who's a paramedic once you take to riding a bike you become invisible (he should know he rides a bike and picks up the pieces), B*&^" Me he was right, I ride a big combination with large headlight 2 5inch running lights and a 6 inch spot on the sidecar and still some stupid c%$ tried to wipe me out with the resulting well worn line "I DIDN'T SEE YOU" really, then next time I'll wear pink leathers with purple dots.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration