Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  
Discus * National or International Events and Ride-outs * End to End < Previous Next >

Mark
Silver Sponsor
Username: Markc

Post Number: 1448

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, July 07, 2010 - 7:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I fancy doing the Lands End to John O Groat's run sometime during the week commencing October 25th this year. Will do it to IBA rules. So if anyone up for it let me know.
Mark
Silver Sponsor

Post Number: 1449

Posted on Wednesday, July 07, 2010 - 7:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In fact because I have already done an IBA approved 1000 miles in 24 hours. I will be able to do the End to End Gold which involves a waypoint inbetween which takes the milage up to 1000 rather than the usual 850.

I am doing this for the fun and to get me out and about on my half century week. But a friend of mine is raising money for the air ambulance so if anyone fancies dibbing in for this his 'Just giving' address is
www.justgiving.com/stuart -mcilwrick1

anyone on facebook can look it up on there too.

Thank you
Mike
Ride-out Leader
Username: Laffo

Post Number: 2468

Posted on Thursday, July 08, 2010 - 1:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If your needing a place to stay on the 1st leg let me know.
A bit of pain never hurt anyone...
RichardG
Ride-out Leader / Moderator
Username: Richardg

Post Number: 3496

Posted on Thursday, July 08, 2010 - 10:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mark, I worked for Channel 4 on a project recording a man that did this run a few years ago. He cycled non stop from Lands end to J'o G. he was riding to the RRA rules (no assistance whatsoever. It is a grueling record at 843 miles and taking 43 hours (on a push bike).

I filmed the attempt and the documentary went out under the 'extrorinary people' series in the early 90's.

I still have a copy of the film if you want to see it?

R

(Message edited by richardg on July 08, 2010)
You get more juice into a BIG orange, or you can try some not so 'quick Silver' for a change
Mark
Silver Sponsor

Post Number: 1453

Posted on Thursday, July 08, 2010 - 8:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the offer Mike tried to reply as soon as you posted but site was undergoing a technical hitch. Wont be able to stay but could see you for a brew on the way through.

Richard that sounds good. I'd like to see that.
Mike
Ride-out Leader
Username: Laffo

Post Number: 2469

Posted on Friday, July 09, 2010 - 1:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No problem.
A bit of pain never hurt anyone...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions Administration